- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
‘AF&B’ to open down the street from ‘F&B’
Will yet-to-open Buckhead restaurant change its name?
Tristan Simon, founder and CEO of Dallas-based Consilient Restaurants, has plans to open American Food & Beverage at the Buckhead Atlanta development on the same street F&B resides, owned by restauranteur Cindy Brown.
“My hope is that people will call our restaurant AF&B,” Simon told What Now Atlanta (WNA). Simon was unaware at the time of the interview that F&B was just up the street.
Cindy Brown, who opened F&B in Buckhead after closing FAB Downtown, is concerned the new restaurant might cause some confusion among patrons.
“We have worked very hard to create and maintain our reputation in the marketplace,” Cindy told WNA. “Other people may undoubtedly confuse us with them.”
AF&B is slated to open July 7.
Will AF&B change it’s name before opening this Summer? Leave your thoughts in the comments.
Photo courtesy Buckhead Atlanta.