- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
‘AF&B’ to open down the street from ‘F&B’
Will yet-to-open Buckhead restaurant change its name?
Tristan Simon, founder and CEO of Dallas-based Consilient Restaurants, has plans to open American Food & Beverage at the Buckhead Atlanta development on the same street F&B resides, owned by restauranteur Cindy Brown.
“My hope is that people will call our restaurant AF&B,” Simon told What Now Atlanta (WNA). Simon was unaware at the time of the interview that F&B was just up the street.
Cindy Brown, who opened F&B in Buckhead after closing FAB Downtown, is concerned the new restaurant might cause some confusion among patrons.
“We have worked very hard to create and maintain our reputation in the marketplace,” Cindy told WNA. “Other people may undoubtedly confuse us with them.”
AF&B is slated to open July 7.
Will AF&B change it’s name before opening this Summer? Leave your thoughts in the comments.
Photo courtesy Buckhead Atlanta.