- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
The Imperial celebrating grand opening Dec. 13
Long awaited neighborhood bar arrives in Oakhurst.
After announcing it would open earlier this month, The Imperial has finally received its certificate of occupancy.
The neighborhood bar opens to the public Friday night at 6 p.m. in space formerly occupied by a gas station, at 726 West College Ave, in the colloquially named People’s Republic of Decatur (PRoD).
“We were expecting to open many times and it never happened,” AJ Thompson, kitchen manager at The Imperial, told What Now Atlanta in an interview Friday.
With a bar that is made from a 150-year-old barn from Macon, G.A., the restaurant features stained glass windows and a dining room table.
“It’s very homey. We’re very neighborhood oriented.”
The general public are invited to attend Friday’s festivities by signing up through The Imperial Grand’s Facebook invite.
Photo courtesy of The Imperial.