- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
The Imperial celebrating grand opening Dec. 13
Long awaited neighborhood bar arrives in Oakhurst.
After announcing it would open earlier this month, The Imperial has finally received its certificate of occupancy.
The neighborhood bar opens to the public Friday night at 6 p.m. in space formerly occupied by a gas station, at 726 West College Ave, in the colloquially named People’s Republic of Decatur (PRoD).
“We were expecting to open many times and it never happened,” AJ Thompson, kitchen manager at The Imperial, told What Now Atlanta in an interview Friday.
With a bar that is made from a 150-year-old barn from Macon, G.A., the restaurant features stained glass windows and a dining room table.
“It’s very homey. We’re very neighborhood oriented.”
The general public are invited to attend Friday’s festivities by signing up through The Imperial Grand’s Facebook invite.
Photo courtesy of The Imperial.