- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Spanx Headquarters to anchor Buckhead Atlanta office space
Shapewear retailer to open office and flagship retail store in 2014.
Atlanta-based shapewear maker Spanx is moving to Buckhead Atlanta next year, OliverMcMillan, the San Diego-based developer of the mixed-use Buckhead project, announced in a press release Friday.
Spanx will anchor the project’s office space and create a flagship retail store, according to the release.
The headquarters will occupy three floors, a rooftop garden terrace and additional balconies. The deal includes signage rights. Spanx is anticipated to move in November 2014.
In order to accommodate Spanx’s need for growth, Buckhead Atlanta is adding another level of office space that was not in the original development plan. The billion-dollar manufacturer will lease 86,000 square feet of office space, with an option to expand up to 112,000 square feet.
Brannan Moss and Josh Hirsh with Jones Lang LaSalle represented Spanx in the transaction. Amy Fingerhut of CBRE represented OliverMcMillan.
Buckhead Atlanta is slated to open in 2014 as a residential, entertainment, shopping and office district.
Rendering – OliverMcMillan.