- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Bell Street Burritos opening in South Buckhead
Burrito joint moving forward with plans to replace the now-shuttered Huey’s.
Bell Street Burritos has begun the buildout on its new South Buckhead location after submitting a building permit application with City of Atlanta in April, according to Matt Hinton, burrito joint owner.
“The contractor submitted that permit request prematurely,” Hinton told What Now Atlanta (WNA) in a Facebook message in April responding to WNA’s inquiry about the application.
“Things are not finalized with the Landlord. But we do hope to open a shop there. I’ll know something more in the next day or two.”
Hinton followed up with WNA Wednesday reporting “stuff” has been “sorted out” and the buildout has begun on the former home of Huey’s (Ernesto’s Cuts for a hot minute), at 1816 Peachtree Road.
An estimated $37,800 will be spent converting the 1,760-square-foot space into a Bell Street Burritos.
Minton isn’t sure when the new location will open. “When we’re done with buildout, I suppose!”
This will be the third location for the burrito joint. Bell Street has a store at the Municipal Market on Edgewood (aka “Sweet Auburn Curb Market”) and a location at Irwin Street Market (after being forced to relocate its Westside location).