- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Westin’s Sun Dial closing April 28 for renovations
37-year-old restaurant to reopen August 2013
The Sun Dial is preparing for a full-scale renovation beginning in May, the restaurant announced in a press release Thursday.
The last day of service at the restaurant atop the Westin Peachtree Plaza will be April 28, according to the release.
“For more than 35 years, the Sun Dial has developed a reputation of elegance and timelessness,” Brad Schoknecht, director of restaurants and bars at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, said in the release.
“Thousands of families and couples have dined here to celebrate special milestones and make new memories. We look forward to unveiling the new Sun Dial to Atlantans and visitors alike – an updated, modern space with ever-changing, local menu items.”
The Sun Dial’s new look is engineered by Carolyn Auger of Blackdog Studio and will feature dimensional art, woodwork and pendant lighting throughout the restaurant and bar, intimate seating areas and “soothing” textiles.
When the restaurant reopens in August, diners can expect a fully refreshed interior, regular special events and a seasonally crafted menu from Chef Jason Starnes with an emphasis on fresh and local ingredients, the release notes.