- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Westin’s Sun Dial closing April 28 for renovations
37-year-old restaurant to reopen August 2013
The Sun Dial is preparing for a full-scale renovation beginning in May, the restaurant announced in a press release Thursday.
The last day of service at the restaurant atop the Westin Peachtree Plaza will be April 28, according to the release.
“For more than 35 years, the Sun Dial has developed a reputation of elegance and timelessness,” Brad Schoknecht, director of restaurants and bars at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, said in the release.
“Thousands of families and couples have dined here to celebrate special milestones and make new memories. We look forward to unveiling the new Sun Dial to Atlantans and visitors alike – an updated, modern space with ever-changing, local menu items.”
The Sun Dial’s new look is engineered by Carolyn Auger of Blackdog Studio and will feature dimensional art, woodwork and pendant lighting throughout the restaurant and bar, intimate seating areas and “soothing” textiles.
When the restaurant reopens in August, diners can expect a fully refreshed interior, regular special events and a seasonally crafted menu from Chef Jason Starnes with an emphasis on fresh and local ingredients, the release notes.