- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
REVEALED: Photo sneak peek of Atlanta Streetcar
Streetcar to connect Centennial Olympic Park area to the Martin Luther King Jr. historic site.
Mayor Kasim Reed revealed a sneak peek of the Atlanta Streetcar Thursday at the annual meeting for the Atlanta Downtown Improvement District.
The Atlanta Streetcar project purchased four Siemens S70 vehicles which are being assembled in Sacramento, CA with its propulsion system being manufactured in metro-Atlanta.
Branding for the vehicle was designed by Atlanta firms Bigelow Advertising and Jones-Worley.
Currently, track is being installed along Edgewood Avenue and passenger service will begin in 2014.
[colored_box color="red"]What are your initial thoughts of the streetcar’s design? Tell us in the comments![/colored_box]