- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Panera Bread to open at 12th and Midtown
The bakery-café to create “European-styled” outdoor cafe, the first of its kind.
UPDATE (May 29, 2013): Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera Bread
12th & Midtown in a press release Wednesday announced Panera Bread will soon open at the Midtown Atlanta mixed-use development, a $2 billion project.
Panera Bread will join STK, Cucina Asellina, Ri Ra Irish Pub, RA Sushi, Mi Cocina and Piola, with Café Intermezzo, Taco Diner and Tabla also set to open in 2013, at 12th & Midtown.
“We look forward to opening our newest bakery-café in such a dynamic and exciting community,” Amanda Saxon, regional marketing manager of Panera, said in the release.
“We chose 12th & Midtown because of its strategic location in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, and we look forward to serving those who live, work and travel through this area.”
The new café will offer the same amenities people would expect from Panera with the addition of a prominent European-styled outdoor café.
There are 30 Panera Bread bakery-cafés in the Atlanta market. Panera Bread at 12th & Midtown will be the first “urban inspired” bakery-café in Atlanta.
Suzanne Ruth of Arcane Properties represented Panera Bread in this transaction.