- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 1 day ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 2 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 3 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 3 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 1 week ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 1 week ago
- NY developer reveals plans for 3 new Atlanta skyscrapersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Canoe owners opening wine and beer boutiquePosted 2 weeks ago
Zaxby’s Real Chicken to erect Midtown location
Fast casual chicken joint files plans for new Atlanta restaurant.
UPDATE (July 12, 2013): Zaxby’s opening Midtown restaurant July 15
Zaxby’s Real Chicken is opening a Midtown location.
The franchised chain of fast casual restaurants filed a building permit application with City of Atlanta earlier this month to erect a new store, at 425 Ponce de Leon Avenue.
The brand new Zaxby’s will be built where a now shuttered Church’s Chicken stands. Church’s will be demolished making way for the chicken restaurant.
An estimated $448,000 will be spent erecting the new 2,664-square-foot Zaxby’s restaurant.
Athens, Ga.-based Zaxby’s operates more than 525 locations in 12 states.