- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Zaxby’s Real Chicken to erect Midtown location
Fast casual chicken joint files plans for new Atlanta restaurant.
UPDATE (July 12, 2013): Zaxby’s opening Midtown restaurant July 15
Zaxby’s Real Chicken is opening a Midtown location.
The franchised chain of fast casual restaurants filed a building permit application with City of Atlanta earlier this month to erect a new store, at 425 Ponce de Leon Avenue.
The brand new Zaxby’s will be built where a now shuttered Church’s Chicken stands. Church’s will be demolished making way for the chicken restaurant.
An estimated $448,000 will be spent erecting the new 2,664-square-foot Zaxby’s restaurant.
Athens, Ga.-based Zaxby’s operates more than 525 locations in 12 states.