- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 4 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 6 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 7 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 14 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 16 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 19 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 20 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 20 days ago
[Update] Plans filed for La Hacienda in Midtown
Silver Grill to be demolished making way for Mexican Restaurant.
After nearly a year of permitting with City of Atlanta, La Hacienda is making headway toward opening in Midtown.
A building permit for the Mexican restaurant was filed this week with City of Atlanta, to erect a new structure where Midtown’s Silver Grill currently stands.
Originally, the Mexican restaurant was going to spend $100,000 making commercial alterations to the space, and then open in Silver Grill’s place.
The new 2,000-square-foot La Hacienda Mexican restaurant will cost an estimated $150,000 to construct.
An additional $25,000 will be spent demolishing the 1,339-square-foot Silver Grill building, according to permits filed earlier this year.
La Hacienda’s reason for building its Midtown location from the ground up instead of occupying the Silver Grill space as planned, has not been confirmed.