- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
[Update] Plans filed for La Hacienda in Midtown
Silver Grill to be demolished making way for Mexican Restaurant.
After nearly a year of permitting with City of Atlanta, La Hacienda is making headway toward opening in Midtown.
A building permit for the Mexican restaurant was filed this week with City of Atlanta, to erect a new structure where Midtown’s Silver Grill currently stands.
Originally, the Mexican restaurant was going to spend $100,000 making commercial alterations to the space, and then open in Silver Grill’s place.
The new 2,000-square-foot La Hacienda Mexican restaurant will cost an estimated $150,000 to construct.
An additional $25,000 will be spent demolishing the 1,339-square-foot Silver Grill building, according to permits filed earlier this year.
La Hacienda’s reason for building its Midtown location from the ground up instead of occupying the Silver Grill space as planned, has not been confirmed.