- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Is Engine 11 closing after its New Year’s Eve Celebration?
An email from the restaurant’s owner suggests Dec. 31 will be Engine 11′s last day open.
Engine 11 Firehouse Tavern is probably closing after its New Year’s Eve celebration on Dec. 31.
A What Now Atlanta reader, who patronizes the restaurant at 30 North Ave. every Thursday for a meetup, was shocked to find Engine 11 was closed on his most recent visit Dec. 27.
The WNA reader, who wishes to remain anonymous, emailed Jose Navarro, Engine 11′s owner, disappointed that he and 23 others were left out in the cold Thursday.
“Sorry about that,” Navarro replied in an email Sunday, Dec. 30. “We have been unable to renew our lease and our last night open open will be tomorrow night.”
WNA made several attempts to reach Jose Navarro for comment, but came up empty handed.
An Engine 11 manager told What Now Atlanta in a telephone interview Sunday, she was unaware of the possibility that the restaurant might close.
Photo courtesy of Creative Loafing.