- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 1 day ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 1 day ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 3 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 3 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 5 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 6 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
Is Engine 11 closing after its New Year’s Eve Celebration?
An email from the restaurant’s owner suggests Dec. 31 will be Engine 11′s last day open.
Engine 11 Firehouse Tavern is probably closing after its New Year’s Eve celebration on Dec. 31.
A What Now Atlanta reader, who patronizes the restaurant at 30 North Ave. every Thursday for a meetup, was shocked to find Engine 11 was closed on his most recent visit Dec. 27.
The WNA reader, who wishes to remain anonymous, emailed Jose Navarro, Engine 11′s owner, disappointed that he and 23 others were left out in the cold Thursday.
“Sorry about that,” Navarro replied in an email Sunday, Dec. 30. “We have been unable to renew our lease and our last night open open will be tomorrow night.”
WNA made several attempts to reach Jose Navarro for comment, but came up empty handed.
An Engine 11 manager told What Now Atlanta in a telephone interview Sunday, she was unaware of the possibility that the restaurant might close.
Photo courtesy of Creative Loafing.