- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 8 hours ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 5 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 9 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 10 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 15 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 17 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 23 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 23 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 32 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 32 days ago
Is Engine 11 closing after its New Year’s Eve Celebration?
An email from the restaurant’s owner suggests Dec. 31 will be Engine 11′s last day open.
Engine 11 Firehouse Tavern is probably closing after its New Year’s Eve celebration on Dec. 31.
A What Now Atlanta reader, who patronizes the restaurant at 30 North Ave. every Thursday for a meetup, was shocked to find Engine 11 was closed on his most recent visit Dec. 27.
The WNA reader, who wishes to remain anonymous, emailed Jose Navarro, Engine 11′s owner, disappointed that he and 23 others were left out in the cold Thursday.
“Sorry about that,” Navarro replied in an email Sunday, Dec. 30. “We have been unable to renew our lease and our last night open open will be tomorrow night.”
WNA made several attempts to reach Jose Navarro for comment, but came up empty handed.
An Engine 11 manager told What Now Atlanta in a telephone interview Sunday, she was unaware of the possibility that the restaurant might close.
Photo courtesy of Creative Loafing.