- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Is Engine 11 closing after its New Year’s Eve Celebration?
An email from the restaurant’s owner suggests Dec. 31 will be Engine 11′s last day open.
Engine 11 Firehouse Tavern is probably closing after its New Year’s Eve celebration on Dec. 31.
A What Now Atlanta reader, who patronizes the restaurant at 30 North Ave. every Thursday for a meetup, was shocked to find Engine 11 was closed on his most recent visit Dec. 27.
The WNA reader, who wishes to remain anonymous, emailed Jose Navarro, Engine 11′s owner, disappointed that he and 23 others were left out in the cold Thursday.
“Sorry about that,” Navarro replied in an email Sunday, Dec. 30. “We have been unable to renew our lease and our last night open open will be tomorrow night.”
WNA made several attempts to reach Jose Navarro for comment, but came up empty handed.
An Engine 11 manager told What Now Atlanta in a telephone interview Sunday, she was unaware of the possibility that the restaurant might close.
Photo courtesy of Creative Loafing.