- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 2 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 2 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 4 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 5 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 6 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
Sheik Burritos to close after lunch Dec. 29, reopen in spring 2013
Possible shopping plaza redevelopment forces restaurant into relocation.
Sheik Burritos n Kabobs is closing its Peidmont Road location of three years with plans to reopen in spring, 2013, Atlanta Magazine first reported.
The Persian/Southwestern fusion restaurant hopes to relocate to Midtown or Poncey-Highland, according to the report.
But Sheik Burritos isn’t relocating on its own accord.
The shopping plaza which houses Sheik, at 1877 Piedmont Ave., will most likely be demolished and replaced by apartments, forcing the restaurant to move.
Sheik Burritos announced on its Facebook page Friday, the restaurant will stay open through Saturday, Dec. 29.
“We’re very excited to announce we’ll be opening back up again tonight for dinner as well as tomorrow,” according to the Facebook post. “Join us tonight or for lunch Saturday!”
“You asked and we’re giving you one more chance to get your Sheik fix until we find our new place!”
Sheik originally announced it would close its doors on Sunday, Dec. 23.