- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Sheik Burritos to close after lunch Dec. 29, reopen in spring 2013
Possible shopping plaza redevelopment forces restaurant into relocation.
Sheik Burritos n Kabobs is closing its Peidmont Road location of three years with plans to reopen in spring, 2013, Atlanta Magazine first reported.
The Persian/Southwestern fusion restaurant hopes to relocate to Midtown or Poncey-Highland, according to the report.
But Sheik Burritos isn’t relocating on its own accord.
The shopping plaza which houses Sheik, at 1877 Piedmont Ave., will most likely be demolished and replaced by apartments, forcing the restaurant to move.
Sheik Burritos announced on its Facebook page Friday, the restaurant will stay open through Saturday, Dec. 29.
“We’re very excited to announce we’ll be opening back up again tonight for dinner as well as tomorrow,” according to the Facebook post. “Join us tonight or for lunch Saturday!”
“You asked and we’re giving you one more chance to get your Sheik fix until we find our new place!”
Sheik originally announced it would close its doors on Sunday, Dec. 23.