- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 7 hours ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 7 hours ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 2 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 2 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 4 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 4 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 6 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 6 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
Roc House Fitness coming soon to Buckhead
Health center and spa to replace now-relocated Aveda Institute.
Start-up health center and spa, Roc House Fitness, is opening its first location in Buckhead.
The fitness center submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta Wednesday to renovate the former Aveda Institute space, at 3402 Piedmont Avenue, into Roc House.
Aveda relocated to Brookwood Place taking space belonging to the now-shuttered Borders.
Roc House will spend an estimated $250,000 renovating the 14,000-square-foot space.
“The name Roc is derived by the symbol associated with a wedding ring, which is a short terminology of a precious stone that is centered in the middle of the ring,” according to the fitness center’s Facebook page.
“…The Roc House Fit-Spa future members are expected to invest the same level of commitment to marriage, as they would dedicate into their health and wellness…”
Roc House will open February 7, 2013, according to a countdown on the fitness center’s website.