- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 5 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 8 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 9 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 14 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 16 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 22 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 23 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 31 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 31 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 31 days ago
Roc House Fitness coming soon to Buckhead
Health center and spa to replace now-relocated Aveda Institute.
Start-up health center and spa, Roc House Fitness, is opening its first location in Buckhead.
The fitness center submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta Wednesday to renovate the former Aveda Institute space, at 3402 Piedmont Avenue, into Roc House.
Aveda relocated to Brookwood Place taking space belonging to the now-shuttered Borders.
Roc House will spend an estimated $250,000 renovating the 14,000-square-foot space.
“The name Roc is derived by the symbol associated with a wedding ring, which is a short terminology of a precious stone that is centered in the middle of the ring,” according to the fitness center’s Facebook page.
“…The Roc House Fit-Spa future members are expected to invest the same level of commitment to marriage, as they would dedicate into their health and wellness…”
Roc House will open February 7, 2013, according to a countdown on the fitness center’s website.