- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Roc House Fitness coming soon to Buckhead
Health center and spa to replace now-relocated Aveda Institute.
Start-up health center and spa, Roc House Fitness, is opening its first location in Buckhead.
The fitness center submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta Wednesday to renovate the former Aveda Institute space, at 3402 Piedmont Avenue, into Roc House.
Aveda relocated to Brookwood Place taking space belonging to the now-shuttered Borders.
Roc House will spend an estimated $250,000 renovating the 14,000-square-foot space.
“The name Roc is derived by the symbol associated with a wedding ring, which is a short terminology of a precious stone that is centered in the middle of the ring,” according to the fitness center’s Facebook page.
“…The Roc House Fit-Spa future members are expected to invest the same level of commitment to marriage, as they would dedicate into their health and wellness…”
Roc House will open February 7, 2013, according to a countdown on the fitness center’s website.