- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
[Rendering] Lenox Square Mall slated for $10 Million ‘facelift’
Buckhead mall updating its look in anticipation of new retailers in 2013.
Lenox Square Mall is amidst a multi-phase renovation project to its interior and exterior. Simon Property Group, the mall’s developer, submitted a building permit application Tuesday to City of Atlanta to renovate the Buckhead mall’s “north facade.”
Once complete, the north facade will feature a two-story glass storefront with a redesigned porte-cochere and enhanced valet services, costing an estimated $10,265,395.
In December 2011, Simon spent more than $600,000 to demolish Lenox’s existing north facade.
“This renovation will be attractive to both current and prospective tenants and we’re already working on lease commitments with new specialty stores and restaurants in conjunction with the renovation plans,” John Phipps, Senior Vice President of Development for Simon Property Group, said in a press release.
“Our objective is to maintain Lenox Square and nearby Phipps Plaza as the epicenter of the best retail in the southeastern United States.”
The mall’s second phase of renovations will include a number of new enhancements and amenities to Lenox’s interior, including a fully-renovated Dining Pavilion with new dining options, new ceiling treatments to increase natural light and expanded seating including an outdoor patio.
The mall’s Atrium Court will also receive a new look.
The Buckhead mall, located at 3393 Peachtree Rd., plans to announce new retailers early next year.
View larger map