- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 5 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 8 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 9 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 14 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 16 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 22 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 23 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 31 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 31 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 31 days ago
[Rendering] Lenox Square Mall slated for $10 Million ‘facelift’
Buckhead mall updating its look in anticipation of new retailers in 2013.
Lenox Square Mall is amidst a multi-phase renovation project to its interior and exterior. Simon Property Group, the mall’s developer, submitted a building permit application Tuesday to City of Atlanta to renovate the Buckhead mall’s “north facade.”
Once complete, the north facade will feature a two-story glass storefront with a redesigned porte-cochere and enhanced valet services, costing an estimated $10,265,395.
In December 2011, Simon spent more than $600,000 to demolish Lenox’s existing north facade.
“This renovation will be attractive to both current and prospective tenants and we’re already working on lease commitments with new specialty stores and restaurants in conjunction with the renovation plans,” John Phipps, Senior Vice President of Development for Simon Property Group, said in a press release.
“Our objective is to maintain Lenox Square and nearby Phipps Plaza as the epicenter of the best retail in the southeastern United States.”
The mall’s second phase of renovations will include a number of new enhancements and amenities to Lenox’s interior, including a fully-renovated Dining Pavilion with new dining options, new ceiling treatments to increase natural light and expanded seating including an outdoor patio.
The mall’s Atrium Court will also receive a new look.
The Buckhead mall, located at 3393 Peachtree Rd., plans to announce new retailers early next year.
View larger map