- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 11 mins ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 2 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 2 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 4 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 6 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 6 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
[Rendering] Lenox Square Mall slated for $10 Million ‘facelift’
Buckhead mall updating its look in anticipation of new retailers in 2013.
Lenox Square Mall is amidst a multi-phase renovation project to its interior and exterior. Simon Property Group, the mall’s developer, submitted a building permit application Tuesday to City of Atlanta to renovate the Buckhead mall’s “north facade.”
Once complete, the north facade will feature a two-story glass storefront with a redesigned porte-cochere and enhanced valet services, costing an estimated $10,265,395.
In December 2011, Simon spent more than $600,000 to demolish Lenox’s existing north facade.
“This renovation will be attractive to both current and prospective tenants and we’re already working on lease commitments with new specialty stores and restaurants in conjunction with the renovation plans,” John Phipps, Senior Vice President of Development for Simon Property Group, said in a press release.
“Our objective is to maintain Lenox Square and nearby Phipps Plaza as the epicenter of the best retail in the southeastern United States.”
The mall’s second phase of renovations will include a number of new enhancements and amenities to Lenox’s interior, including a fully-renovated Dining Pavilion with new dining options, new ceiling treatments to increase natural light and expanded seating including an outdoor patio.
The mall’s Atrium Court will also receive a new look.
The Buckhead mall, located at 3393 Peachtree Rd., plans to announce new retailers early next year.
View larger map