- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Aloft files Phase I plans for Downtown project
Boutique hotel on schedule to open Summer 2013 in former Days Inn space.
UPDATE (February 28, 2013): Aloft files Phase II plans for Downtown renovation project.
The Days Inn Atlanta Downtown is on schedule for its transformation into an Aloft hotel.
Management company Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta Tuesday to renovate the 263 guest rooms inside the Days Inn, at 300 Spring Street.
The contemporary Aloft will spend an estimated $1,435,000 remodeling the hotel’s rooms.
Banyan Investment Group, in partnership with DeBartolo Development LLC, will spend a total of $25 million renovating the 3.1-acre property.
The Days Inn should reopen as a 242-room Aloft in summer 2013.