- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 5 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 8 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 15 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 17 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 20 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 20 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 21 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 21 days ago
Aloft files Phase I plans for Downtown project
Boutique hotel on schedule to open Summer 2013 in former Days Inn space.
UPDATE (February 28, 2013): Aloft files Phase II plans for Downtown renovation project.
The Days Inn Atlanta Downtown is on schedule for its transformation into an Aloft hotel.
Management company Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta Tuesday to renovate the 263 guest rooms inside the Days Inn, at 300 Spring Street.
The contemporary Aloft will spend an estimated $1,435,000 remodeling the hotel’s rooms.
Banyan Investment Group, in partnership with DeBartolo Development LLC, will spend a total of $25 million renovating the 3.1-acre property.
The Days Inn should reopen as a 242-room Aloft in summer 2013.