- Sexii Paws opening on Auburn Ave. DowntownPosted 1 hour ago
- Buckhead’s ‘Establishment’ to open Dec. 10Posted 2 days ago
- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 4 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 4 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 6 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 6 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 1 week ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 1 week ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
Aloft files Phase I plans for Downtown project
Boutique hotel on schedule to open Summer 2013 in former Days Inn space.
UPDATE (February 28, 2013): Aloft files Phase II plans for Downtown renovation project.
The Days Inn Atlanta Downtown is on schedule for its transformation into an Aloft hotel.
Management company Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta Tuesday to renovate the 263 guest rooms inside the Days Inn, at 300 Spring Street.
The contemporary Aloft will spend an estimated $1,435,000 remodeling the hotel’s rooms.
Banyan Investment Group, in partnership with DeBartolo Development LLC, will spend a total of $25 million renovating the 3.1-acre property.
The Days Inn should reopen as a 242-room Aloft in summer 2013.