- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Aloft files Phase I plans for Downtown project
Boutique hotel on schedule to open Summer 2013 in former Days Inn space.
UPDATE (February 28, 2013): Aloft files Phase II plans for Downtown renovation project.
The Days Inn Atlanta Downtown is on schedule for its transformation into an Aloft hotel.
Management company Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta Tuesday to renovate the 263 guest rooms inside the Days Inn, at 300 Spring Street.
The contemporary Aloft will spend an estimated $1,435,000 remodeling the hotel’s rooms.
Banyan Investment Group, in partnership with DeBartolo Development LLC, will spend a total of $25 million renovating the 3.1-acre property.
The Days Inn should reopen as a 242-room Aloft in summer 2013.