- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Westside Provisions District to add 14,000-square-feet of retail space
West Midtown mixed-use development announces 2013 retail expansion and improved parking.
Westside Provisions District in a press release Monday announced plans to add 14,000-square-feet of retail space, plus a handful of other physical changes to the district coming in 2013.
The expansion will include major additions and changes to the North End of the district, the area that includes Star Provisions, Jonathan Adler and Taqueria del Sol, according to the release:
- Approximately 14,000 square feet of additional retail space off Howell Mill Road.
- Mezzanine spaces and outdoor areas.
- 95 new parking spaces.
- A newly graded and paved parking lot.
- Improved driveway aprons.
- Improved exterior lighting in the North End parking lot.
“2012 has been an unprecedented year for retail leasing at Westside Provisions District,” Michael Phillips, COO of Jamestown, one of the real estate developers behind the district, along with Tucker Mott, said in the release.
“We’ve been gratified to welcome new national and local boutique retailers to our community, and have helped to grow existing tenants as their businesses flourish. These new additions are an exciting step in the ongoing evolution of WSPD.”
What Now Atlanta uncovered one building permit application filed with City of Atlanta for the project in October. That permit only accounts for renovations to 3,499-square-feet of the overall project, with construction costs totaling $500,000.
Additional retail leases are likely to be announced in early 2013, according to the release. Well placed sources suggest one of Westside’s new tenants will be Jack Spade.