- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Westside Provisions District to add 14,000-square-feet of retail space
West Midtown mixed-use development announces 2013 retail expansion and improved parking.
Westside Provisions District in a press release Monday announced plans to add 14,000-square-feet of retail space, plus a handful of other physical changes to the district coming in 2013.
The expansion will include major additions and changes to the North End of the district, the area that includes Star Provisions, Jonathan Adler and Taqueria del Sol, according to the release:
- Approximately 14,000 square feet of additional retail space off Howell Mill Road.
- Mezzanine spaces and outdoor areas.
- 95 new parking spaces.
- A newly graded and paved parking lot.
- Improved driveway aprons.
- Improved exterior lighting in the North End parking lot.
“2012 has been an unprecedented year for retail leasing at Westside Provisions District,” Michael Phillips, COO of Jamestown, one of the real estate developers behind the district, along with Tucker Mott, said in the release.
“We’ve been gratified to welcome new national and local boutique retailers to our community, and have helped to grow existing tenants as their businesses flourish. These new additions are an exciting step in the ongoing evolution of WSPD.”
What Now Atlanta uncovered one building permit application filed with City of Atlanta for the project in October. That permit only accounts for renovations to 3,499-square-feet of the overall project, with construction costs totaling $500,000.
Additional retail leases are likely to be announced in early 2013, according to the release. Well placed sources suggest one of Westside’s new tenants will be Jack Spade.