- Lenox getting Tumi, Vince Camuto, Invicta and BachrachPosted 19 hours ago
- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 7 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 10 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 11 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 17 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 18 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 24 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 25 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 33 days ago
Howell Mill McDonald’s gets demolished, plan filed to rebuild
Upscale Mickey D’s to replace the now demolished McDonald’s restaurant.
Don’t worry Channing Valley/Collier Hills McDonald’s fans!
While the old Mickey D’s, at 1994 Howell Mill Road, has seemingly been demolished overnight, a new more efficient McDonald’s will be resurrected.
The local restaurant franchisee submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta earlier this year to erect a new McDonald’s restaurant where the old one once stood.
An estimated $480,000 will be spent building the 2,184-square-foot McDonald’s from the ground up.
The new Howell Mill Road McDonald’s is part of the company’s worldwide plan to revamp its stores to look more upscale, according to a recent USA Today report.
McDonald’s announced in March, 2011 it would spend $1 billion-plus making store-by-store makeovers, something the big mac giant and its franchisees hope will be completed by 2015, according to the report.