- Buckhead’s ‘Establishment’ to open Dec. 10Posted 1 day ago
- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 1 day ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 4 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 4 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 5 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 5 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 1 week ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 1 week ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
Howell Mill McDonald’s gets demolished, plan filed to rebuild
Upscale Mickey D’s to replace the now demolished McDonald’s restaurant.
Don’t worry Channing Valley/Collier Hills McDonald’s fans!
While the old Mickey D’s, at 1994 Howell Mill Road, has seemingly been demolished overnight, a new more efficient McDonald’s will be resurrected.
The local restaurant franchisee submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta earlier this year to erect a new McDonald’s restaurant where the old one once stood.
An estimated $480,000 will be spent building the 2,184-square-foot McDonald’s from the ground up.
The new Howell Mill Road McDonald’s is part of the company’s worldwide plan to revamp its stores to look more upscale, according to a recent USA Today report.
McDonald’s announced in March, 2011 it would spend $1 billion-plus making store-by-store makeovers, something the big mac giant and its franchisees hope will be completed by 2015, according to the report.