- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Howell Mill McDonald’s gets demolished, plan filed to rebuild
Upscale Mickey D’s to replace the now demolished McDonald’s restaurant.
Don’t worry Channing Valley/Collier Hills McDonald’s fans!
While the old Mickey D’s, at 1994 Howell Mill Road, has seemingly been demolished overnight, a new more efficient McDonald’s will be resurrected.
The local restaurant franchisee submitted a building permit application with City of Atlanta earlier this year to erect a new McDonald’s restaurant where the old one once stood.
An estimated $480,000 will be spent building the 2,184-square-foot McDonald’s from the ground up.
The new Howell Mill Road McDonald’s is part of the company’s worldwide plan to revamp its stores to look more upscale, according to a recent USA Today report.
McDonald’s announced in March, 2011 it would spend $1 billion-plus making store-by-store makeovers, something the big mac giant and its franchisees hope will be completed by 2015, according to the report.