- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Paces 88 makes debut in Denzel Washington film ‘Flight,’ then closes its doors
Shuttered St. Regis Hotel restaurant to be rented out for private events and meetings.
Apparently fifteen minutes of fame wasn’t enough to keep Paces 88 open at the St. Regis Atlanta Hotel.
The restaurant, at 88 West Paces Ferry Road, made its on camera debut Friday, Nov. 2, in the movie Flight starring Denzel Washington, just days before it shuttered.
Paces 88 first announced it would close in a Facebook post earlier this month.
“I am privileged to announce Paces 88 will close its doors and we will have the honor of serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner in our prestigious Astor Court,” Paces posted to Facebook. “Come in and experience the new location.”
The Paces 88 space can be rented for private events and meetings, according to the post. And of course, Washington is welcome to use the space to film scenes in another oscar-worthy motion picture, we’re sure.