- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 47 mins ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 2 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 2 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 4 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 6 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 6 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
Retro Fitness hits muscle failure in Buckhead, won’t recover
Fitness center to close its doors Nov. 23 and relocate members to Smyrna.
Retro Fitness members are getting a different kind of deal this Black Friday.
The Buckhead gym is offering its members access to the Smyrna Retro Fitness once it closes for good on Friday, Nov. 23, 2012, according to a letter mailed to patrons Friday.
“Unfortunately, we can no longer operate our gym…,” Robbie Sprechman, Retro Fitness’ CFO, said in the letter. “Pursuant to Georgia law, we will be transferring your membership…”
Julie R., a member of Retro Fitness in Buckhead, voiced her concerns with the fitness center’s closing in a Yelp post Sunday:
…Members are being told that their memberships are being transferred to their Smyrna location (of course, Smyrna is in no way convenient for anyone living in Buckhead!).
Members who wish to cancel their membership are being told that they will still have to pay for December, because 30 days notice is required for cancellation.
I’m sure most of us would have done that had we actually been given 30 days notice of the closing.
My emails to their corporate office have gone unanswered, except for an automated response that a representative would contact me shortly by phone. It’s been three days and I’m still waiting…
Like Julie, What Now Atlanta hasn’t had luck reaching Retro Fitness for comment.