- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 5 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 8 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 15 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 17 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 20 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 20 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 21 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 21 days ago
Retro Fitness hits muscle failure in Buckhead, won’t recover
Fitness center to close its doors Nov. 23 and relocate members to Smyrna.
Retro Fitness members are getting a different kind of deal this Black Friday.
The Buckhead gym is offering its members access to the Smyrna Retro Fitness once it closes for good on Friday, Nov. 23, 2012, according to a letter mailed to patrons Friday.
“Unfortunately, we can no longer operate our gym…,” Robbie Sprechman, Retro Fitness’ CFO, said in the letter. “Pursuant to Georgia law, we will be transferring your membership…”
Julie R., a member of Retro Fitness in Buckhead, voiced her concerns with the fitness center’s closing in a Yelp post Sunday:
…Members are being told that their memberships are being transferred to their Smyrna location (of course, Smyrna is in no way convenient for anyone living in Buckhead!).
Members who wish to cancel their membership are being told that they will still have to pay for December, because 30 days notice is required for cancellation.
I’m sure most of us would have done that had we actually been given 30 days notice of the closing.
My emails to their corporate office have gone unanswered, except for an automated response that a representative would contact me shortly by phone. It’s been three days and I’m still waiting…
Like Julie, What Now Atlanta hasn’t had luck reaching Retro Fitness for comment.