- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 6 hours ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 5 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 8 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 10 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 15 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 17 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 22 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 23 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 32 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 32 days ago
Owners of Tongue and Groove to open Joint Barroom on Nov. 13
‘Steampunk lounge’ takes space adjacent the popular Buckhead nightclub.
In conjunction with the 18-year anniversary of Tongue and Groove, owners Michael Krohngold, Scott Strumlauf and David Kreidler announced in a press release Friday, the arrival of The Joint Barroom.
Located next door to the Buckhead nightclub, at 565 Main St. in Lindbergh City Center, The Joint Barroom will serve up cocktails, small plates and music, according to the release.
“The Joint is named for the point where the tongue of one board meets the groove of another in wood floor construction,” Krohngold said in the release.
The non-smoking, 1,500-square foot “turbo-pub” with two bars and DJ booth, features a steampunk design that blends science, art, and industry. The redesigned space that was once the dance room at Tongue and Groove, will have a separate entrance.
Guests can expect a cocktail program featuring premium brand and ingredients prepared in a small keg instead of handcrafting each drink individually, the release notes.
The Joint will feature three signature cocktails at any given time that will be dispensed out of a tap on top of the bar like, “Death’s Door Gin and Fever Tree tonic water with fresh lime.”
The “steampunk lounge” will also have a specialty cocktail menu in addition to champagne, wine, craft beer and moonshine, and will be open every Monday through Saturday at 5 p.m. beginning, Tuesday, November 13, 2012.