- Lenox getting Tumi, Vince Camuto, Invicta and BachrachPosted 1 day ago
- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 7 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 10 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 12 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 17 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 19 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 25 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 25 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 34 days ago
Deckard’s American Tavern shutters on Ponce
Restaurant abruptly closes its Midtown store.
Deckard’s American Tavern has closed up shop at its Midtown location.
The restaurant located at 650 Ponce De Leon Avenue in the Midtown Place shopping center, announced its closure on Facebook, its website and via a note on Deckard’s front door.
“Sorry to report that we are now closed,” Deckard’s said in a Facebook post Tuesday. “Thank you for your patronage over the last few years!”
Fans of the American tavern were shocked to hear the news of Deckard’s closing on Facebook, Tuesday.
“Wait , what? No warning, just BOOM? Drag,” fan Kris Ernst said in a comment.
Deckard’s, which opened its sole Midtown location in 2010, was the creation of Taco Mac’s corporate chef, Matthew Deckard.
Deckard’s was not immediately available for comment.