- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Deckard’s American Tavern shutters on Ponce
Restaurant abruptly closes its Midtown store.
UPDATE (Nov. 20, 2013): Tacos & Tequilas to replace Midtown’s Deckard’s Tavern.
Deckard’s American Tavern has closed up shop at its Midtown location.
The restaurant located at 650 Ponce De Leon Avenue in the Midtown Place shopping center, announced its closure on Facebook, its website and via a note on Deckard’s front door.
“Sorry to report that we are now closed,” Deckard’s said in a Facebook post Tuesday. “Thank you for your patronage over the last few years!”
Fans of the American tavern were shocked to hear the news of Deckard’s closing on Facebook, Tuesday.
“Wait , what? No warning, just BOOM? Drag,” fan Kris Ernst said in a comment.
Deckard’s, which opened its sole Midtown location in 2010, was the creation of Taco Mac’s corporate chef, Matthew Deckard.
Deckard’s was not immediately available for comment.