- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Deckard’s American Tavern shutters on Ponce
Restaurant abruptly closes its Midtown store.
UPDATE (Nov. 20, 2013): Tacos & Tequilas to replace Midtown’s Deckard’s Tavern.
Deckard’s American Tavern has closed up shop at its Midtown location.
The restaurant located at 650 Ponce De Leon Avenue in the Midtown Place shopping center, announced its closure on Facebook, its website and via a note on Deckard’s front door.
“Sorry to report that we are now closed,” Deckard’s said in a Facebook post Tuesday. “Thank you for your patronage over the last few years!”
Fans of the American tavern were shocked to hear the news of Deckard’s closing on Facebook, Tuesday.
“Wait , what? No warning, just BOOM? Drag,” fan Kris Ernst said in a comment.
Deckard’s, which opened its sole Midtown location in 2010, was the creation of Taco Mac’s corporate chef, Matthew Deckard.
Deckard’s was not immediately available for comment.