- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 2 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 2 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 4 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 4 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 5 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 6 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 1 week ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
Deckard’s American Tavern shutters on Ponce
Restaurant abruptly closes its Midtown store.
UPDATE (Nov. 20, 2013): Tacos & Tequilas to replace Midtown’s Deckard’s Tavern.
Deckard’s American Tavern has closed up shop at its Midtown location.
The restaurant located at 650 Ponce De Leon Avenue in the Midtown Place shopping center, announced its closure on Facebook, its website and via a note on Deckard’s front door.
“Sorry to report that we are now closed,” Deckard’s said in a Facebook post Tuesday. “Thank you for your patronage over the last few years!”
Fans of the American tavern were shocked to hear the news of Deckard’s closing on Facebook, Tuesday.
“Wait , what? No warning, just BOOM? Drag,” fan Kris Ernst said in a comment.
Deckard’s, which opened its sole Midtown location in 2010, was the creation of Taco Mac’s corporate chef, Matthew Deckard.
Deckard’s was not immediately available for comment.