- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 4 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 7 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 14 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 16 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 19 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 20 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 20 days ago
Deckard’s American Tavern shutters on Ponce
Restaurant abruptly closes its Midtown store.
Deckard’s American Tavern has closed up shop at its Midtown location.
The restaurant located at 650 Ponce De Leon Avenue in the Midtown Place shopping center, announced its closure on Facebook, its website and via a note on Deckard’s front door.
“Sorry to report that we are now closed,” Deckard’s said in a Facebook post Tuesday. “Thank you for your patronage over the last few years!”
Fans of the American tavern were shocked to hear the news of Deckard’s closing on Facebook, Tuesday.
“Wait , what? No warning, just BOOM? Drag,” fan Kris Ernst said in a comment.
Deckard’s, which opened its sole Midtown location in 2010, was the creation of Taco Mac’s corporate chef, Matthew Deckard.
Deckard’s was not immediately available for comment.