- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Another day, another Family Dollar
Discount retailer to open Bolton store.
Family Dollar Stores Inc. is planning other Metro-Atlanta area location, this time in Bolton.
The national chain of discount stores filed a permit with City of Atlanta Wednesday to construct a building, at 2344 Marietta Blvd., for its new retail store — Family Dollar is also in the process of building a new store from the ground up in Fairburn Heights.
To build the discount retailer’s new 8,000-square-foot store, Family Dollar will spend an estimated $580,000, according to the permit.
A Market Watch report says Family Dollar Stores Inc. plans to open 450 to 500 new stores in the current fiscal year. It will close up to 100 underperforming locations.
Family Dollar will spend between $550 million and $600 million this year to support the new store openings, according to the report.
Family Dollar was not immediately available for comment.