- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Another day, another Family Dollar
Discount retailer to open Bolton store.
Family Dollar Stores Inc. is planning other Metro-Atlanta area location, this time in Bolton.
The national chain of discount stores filed a permit with City of Atlanta Wednesday to construct a building, at 2344 Marietta Blvd., for its new retail store — Family Dollar is also in the process of building a new store from the ground up in Fairburn Heights.
To build the discount retailer’s new 8,000-square-foot store, Family Dollar will spend an estimated $580,000, according to the permit.
A Market Watch report says Family Dollar Stores Inc. plans to open 450 to 500 new stores in the current fiscal year. It will close up to 100 underperforming locations.
Family Dollar will spend between $550 million and $600 million this year to support the new store openings, according to the report.
Family Dollar was not immediately available for comment.