- Lenox getting Tumi, Vince Camuto, Invicta and BachrachPosted 1 day ago
- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 7 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 10 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 12 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 17 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 19 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 24 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 25 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 34 days ago
Owners of 5th Street Ribs and Blues close up shop to go play golf instead
Midtown barbecue joint shutters after nine years.
You can’t have both barbecue and golf.
Well, at least that’s the case if you’re the owner of Midtown’s 5th Street Ribs and Blues.
The barbecue joint, at 86 5th Street, closed its doors for good early this week, according to a sign posted on the restaurant’s front door.
“Closed. Thanks for nine great years. Gone to play golf,” according to the sign.
What Now Atlanta made several attempts via email and telephone to reach 5th Street for comment, all of which went unanswered.
Photo courtesy of Todd Miller.