- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Owners of 5th Street Ribs and Blues close up shop to go play golf instead
Midtown barbecue joint shutters after nine years.
You can’t have both barbecue and golf.
Well, at least that’s the case if you’re the owner of Midtown’s 5th Street Ribs and Blues.
The barbecue joint, at 86 5th Street, closed its doors for good early this week, according to a sign posted on the restaurant’s front door.
“Closed. Thanks for nine great years. Gone to play golf,” according to the sign.
What Now Atlanta made several attempts via email and telephone to reach 5th Street for comment, all of which went unanswered.
Photo courtesy of Todd Miller.