- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Owners of 5th Street Ribs and Blues close up shop to go play golf instead
Midtown barbecue joint shutters after nine years.
You can’t have both barbecue and golf.
Well, at least that’s the case if you’re the owner of Midtown’s 5th Street Ribs and Blues.
The barbecue joint, at 86 5th Street, closed its doors for good early this week, according to a sign posted on the restaurant’s front door.
“Closed. Thanks for nine great years. Gone to play golf,” according to the sign.
What Now Atlanta made several attempts via email and telephone to reach 5th Street for comment, all of which went unanswered.
Photo courtesy of Todd Miller.