- Sexii Paws opening on Auburn Ave. DowntownPosted 2 days ago
- Buckhead’s ‘Establishment’ to open Dec. 10Posted 4 days ago
- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 6 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 6 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 1 week ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 1 week ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 1 week ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 1 week ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 2 weeks ago
Owners of 5th Street Ribs and Blues close up shop to go play golf instead
Midtown barbecue joint shutters after nine years.
You can’t have both barbecue and golf.
Well, at least that’s the case if you’re the owner of Midtown’s 5th Street Ribs and Blues.
The barbecue joint, at 86 5th Street, closed its doors for good early this week, according to a sign posted on the restaurant’s front door.
“Closed. Thanks for nine great years. Gone to play golf,” according to the sign.
What Now Atlanta made several attempts via email and telephone to reach 5th Street for comment, all of which went unanswered.
Photo courtesy of Todd Miller.