- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Decatur’s Watershed to reopen as Chai Pani Indian Street food
North Carolina-based restaurant confirms new location via Twitter.
After a year of siting empty, Watershed’s old Decatur space has been leased.
North Carolina-based Chai Pani, which serves street-style Indian fare, confirmed on Twitter Thursday, it will replace Watershed, at 406 West Ponce de Leon Ave.
Bill Addison, food editor at Atlanta Magazine, was first to tweet about Chai Pani’s intention to replace the Decatur restaurant.
“Heard that @chaipani, which rocks Mumbai-style street food & thalis in Asheville, just signed a lease on Watershed’s old Decatur space,” Addison said.
Thursday, Chai Pani tweeted a reply to Addison, confirming the restaurant had secured a lease for the Decatur space.
“Oh yes, this is very true,” Chai tweeted.
Construction on the space will begin in November, Eater Atlanta reports. Chai Pani is slated to open in early 2013.
Photo courtesy of Chai Pani.