- Sexii Paws opening on Auburn Ave. DowntownPosted 19 hours ago
- Buckhead’s ‘Establishment’ to open Dec. 10Posted 2 days ago
- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 3 days ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 5 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 5 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 7 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 7 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 1 week ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 1 week ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 2 weeks ago
Decatur’s Watershed to reopen as Chai Pani Indian Street food
North Carolina-based restaurant confirms new location via Twitter.
After a year of siting empty, Watershed’s old Decatur space has been leased.
North Carolina-based Chai Pani, which serves street-style Indian fare, confirmed on Twitter Thursday, it will replace Watershed, at 406 West Ponce de Leon Ave.
Bill Addison, food editor at Atlanta Magazine, was first to tweet about Chai Pani’s intention to replace the Decatur restaurant.
“Heard that @chaipani, which rocks Mumbai-style street food & thalis in Asheville, just signed a lease on Watershed’s old Decatur space,” Addison said.
Thursday, Chai Pani tweeted a reply to Addison, confirming the restaurant had secured a lease for the Decatur space.
“Oh yes, this is very true,” Chai tweeted.
Construction on the space will begin in November, Eater Atlanta reports. Chai Pani is slated to open in early 2013.
Photo courtesy of Chai Pani.