- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Decatur’s Watershed to reopen as Chai Pani Indian Street food
North Carolina-based restaurant confirms new location via Twitter.
After a year of siting empty, Watershed’s old Decatur space has been leased.
North Carolina-based Chai Pani, which serves street-style Indian fare, confirmed on Twitter Thursday, it will replace Watershed, at 406 West Ponce de Leon Ave.
Bill Addison, food editor at Atlanta Magazine, was first to tweet about Chai Pani’s intention to replace the Decatur restaurant.
“Heard that @chaipani, which rocks Mumbai-style street food & thalis in Asheville, just signed a lease on Watershed’s old Decatur space,” Addison said.
Thursday, Chai Pani tweeted a reply to Addison, confirming the restaurant had secured a lease for the Decatur space.
“Oh yes, this is very true,” Chai tweeted.
Construction on the space will begin in November, Eater Atlanta reports. Chai Pani is slated to open in early 2013.
Photo courtesy of Chai Pani.