- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 4 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 7 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 14 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 16 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 19 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 20 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 20 days ago
Decatur’s Watershed to reopen as Chai Pani Indian Street food
North Carolina-based restaurant confirms new location via Twitter.
After a year of siting empty, Watershed’s old Decatur space has been leased.
North Carolina-based Chai Pani, which serves street-style Indian fare, confirmed on Twitter Thursday, it will replace Watershed, at 406 West Ponce de Leon Ave.
Bill Addison, food editor at Atlanta Magazine, was first to tweet about Chai Pani’s intention to replace the Decatur restaurant.
“Heard that @chaipani, which rocks Mumbai-style street food & thalis in Asheville, just signed a lease on Watershed’s old Decatur space,” Addison said.
Thursday, Chai Pani tweeted a reply to Addison, confirming the restaurant had secured a lease for the Decatur space.
“Oh yes, this is very true,” Chai tweeted.
Construction on the space will begin in November, Eater Atlanta reports. Chai Pani is slated to open in early 2013.
Photo courtesy of Chai Pani.