- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Shell to replace rundown Exxon on Monroe Dr.
Change in ownership leads to construction of new full-service Shell Food Mart.
The corner of Ponce de Leon Avenue and Monroe Drive is getting a much needed facelift.
The rundown Exxon gas station, at 486 Ponce de Leon Ave., has been demolished to be replaced by a brand-spanking new Shell Food Mart, Hunt Archbold with Midtown Patch first reported.
What Now Atlanta found seven building permit applications filed with City of Atlanta for the project dating as early as March, 2012.
The permits called for demolition to the existing 1,250-square-foot convenience store and the construction of a new 3,100-square-foot Shell Food Mart.
An estimated $353,800 will be spent constructing the new convenience store. Those costs exclude demolition, impact fees, land development and alcohol license fees totaling some $52,800.
Photo courtesy of Midtown Patch.