- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Shell to replace rundown Exxon on Monroe Dr.
Change in ownership leads to construction of new full-service Shell Food Mart.
The corner of Ponce de Leon Avenue and Monroe Drive is getting a much needed facelift.
The rundown Exxon gas station, at 486 Ponce de Leon Ave., has been demolished to be replaced by a brand-spanking new Shell Food Mart, Hunt Archbold with Midtown Patch first reported.
What Now Atlanta found seven building permit applications filed with City of Atlanta for the project dating as early as March, 2012.
The permits called for demolition to the existing 1,250-square-foot convenience store and the construction of a new 3,100-square-foot Shell Food Mart.
An estimated $353,800 will be spent constructing the new convenience store. Those costs exclude demolition, impact fees, land development and alcohol license fees totaling some $52,800.
Photo courtesy of Midtown Patch.