- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 6 hours ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 7 hours ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 2 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 4 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 4 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 1 week ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 1 week ago
Shell to replace rundown Exxon on Monroe Dr.
Change in ownership leads to construction of new full-service Shell Food Mart.
The corner of Ponce de Leon Avenue and Monroe Drive is getting a much needed facelift.
The rundown Exxon gas station, at 486 Ponce de Leon Ave., has been demolished to be replaced by a brand-spanking new Shell Food Mart, Hunt Archbold with Midtown Patch first reported.
What Now Atlanta found seven building permit applications filed with City of Atlanta for the project dating as early as March, 2012.
The permits called for demolition to the existing 1,250-square-foot convenience store and the construction of a new 3,100-square-foot Shell Food Mart.
An estimated $353,800 will be spent constructing the new convenience store. Those costs exclude demolition, impact fees, land development and alcohol license fees totaling some $52,800.
Photo courtesy of Midtown Patch.