- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 16 hours ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 16 hours ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 3 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 3 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 5 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 5 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 1 week ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 2 weeks ago
[Update] Modern Bar + Restaurant opening in Buckhead Oct. 20
American eatery to replace Copeland’s of Buckhead this fall.
Modern Restaurant + Bar in a press release Friday announced it will open its Buckhead doors on Oct. 20.
The restaurant specializing in American cuisine, at 3365 Piedmont Road, is one block north of Terminus in a 12,000-square-foot space previously occupied by Copeland’s of Buckhead. Copeland’s shuttered August, 2011.
The revitalized space boasts retractable floor-to-ceiling windows and a covered 60-seat patio and lounge. The restaurant’s main dining has seating for 250 guests, a bar with seating for 125 guests and the chef’s table which can seat up to 20 people.
Modern’s menu “offers diners creative ways to enjoy their meals, including five to seven-course tasting menus, available wine pairings and custom dining options,” according to the release.
The contemporary American menu puts heavy emphasis on fresh seafood and regionally grown, seasonal produce, including items like wild Scottish salmon to traditional butter-poached Maine lobster to sous vide pork belly.
Photo courtesy of Modern.