- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 4 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 7 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 15 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 16 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 19 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 20 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 20 days ago
[Update] Modern Bar + Restaurant opening in Buckhead Oct. 20
American eatery to replace Copeland’s of Buckhead this fall.
Modern Restaurant + Bar in a press release Friday announced it will open its Buckhead doors on Oct. 20.
The restaurant specializing in American cuisine, at 3365 Piedmont Road, is one block north of Terminus in a 12,000-square-foot space previously occupied by Copeland’s of Buckhead. Copeland’s shuttered August, 2011.
The revitalized space boasts retractable floor-to-ceiling windows and a covered 60-seat patio and lounge. The restaurant’s main dining has seating for 250 guests, a bar with seating for 125 guests and the chef’s table which can seat up to 20 people.
Modern’s menu “offers diners creative ways to enjoy their meals, including five to seven-course tasting menus, available wine pairings and custom dining options,” according to the release.
The contemporary American menu puts heavy emphasis on fresh seafood and regionally grown, seasonal produce, including items like wild Scottish salmon to traditional butter-poached Maine lobster to sous vide pork belly.
Photo courtesy of Modern.