- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
[Update] Modern Bar + Restaurant opening in Buckhead Oct. 20
American eatery to replace Copeland’s of Buckhead this fall.
Modern Restaurant + Bar in a press release Friday announced it will open its Buckhead doors on Oct. 20.
The restaurant specializing in American cuisine, at 3365 Piedmont Road, is one block north of Terminus in a 12,000-square-foot space previously occupied by Copeland’s of Buckhead. Copeland’s shuttered August, 2011.
The revitalized space boasts retractable floor-to-ceiling windows and a covered 60-seat patio and lounge. The restaurant’s main dining has seating for 250 guests, a bar with seating for 125 guests and the chef’s table which can seat up to 20 people.
Modern’s menu “offers diners creative ways to enjoy their meals, including five to seven-course tasting menus, available wine pairings and custom dining options,” according to the release.
The contemporary American menu puts heavy emphasis on fresh seafood and regionally grown, seasonal produce, including items like wild Scottish salmon to traditional butter-poached Maine lobster to sous vide pork belly.
Photo courtesy of Modern.