- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Mamanoes brown bags it’s things and vanishes
Grocery store up and leaves its shiny new Midtown space.
Residents hoping for a more walkable Midtown rejoiced at the news of a grocery store opening on the corner of 10th and Peachtree Streets.
Birmingham-based Mamanoes, an “old-school but upscale bodega,” opened its Midtown location in September. But, just as quickly as the grocery store opened, it shuttered.
What Now Atlanta spoke to several construction workers Friday who were busy reverting the space back to the way it was before being leased to Mamanoes. None of the workers knew exactly what happened to the grocery store, other than it closing.
“Mamanoes just up and left,” one of the workers said.
We phoned Mamanoes’ original location in downtown Birmingham Friday. Employees at the grocery store were unaware that Mamanoes’ Atlanta store had shuttered.
Antonio Boyd, owner of Mamanoes, was not immediately available for comment.
Photo courtesy of Urban Daddy.