- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Lunacy Black Market’s Chef Paul Luna to open Guisado Caliente
Catering and pick-up/take-away restaurant to operate out of Lunacy Black Market while Luna scouts locations.
Chef Paul Luna has plans to open a second concept downtown.
Luna, in a press release Wednesday, announced he will open a catering and pick-up/take-away concept called Guisado Caliente.
For the time being, Luna will operate the new concept from Lunacy Black Market, at 231 Mitchell Street, according to the release. Guisado Caliente will open this Friday, Oct. 12.
“Guisado Caliente is simple, rustic, ethnic cooking that is represented in nearly every culture—even if by any other name,” Chef Paul Luna said in the release. “This is a springboard for a fresh-food catering business I want to open in downtown Atlanta to serve the area’s businesses, residents, students and faculty.”
Paul Luna is scouting downtown for a permanent location to open Guisado Caliente, according to the release.
Diners will be able to choose from a variety of guisados that will include a vegetarian option, beef, pork, poultry or seafood—all are gluten-free.
All guisados will be made fresh, Wednesday through Friday and for pick-up and take-away, or sit-down, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. or for pick-up and take-away only, 6 – 7 p.m.
Guisado will host a tasting party on Monday, October 22, 2012, from 6 to 9 p.m. for those who want to sample the guisado flavors with a wine purchase (Lunacy wines range in price from $9.50 for a small carafe to $52 for a specialty bottle.)
Interested parties can send their intent to [email protected] by Friday, October 19, 2012.
Photo courtesy of Guisado.