- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Lunacy Black Market’s Chef Paul Luna to open Guisado Caliente
Catering and pick-up/take-away restaurant to operate out of Lunacy Black Market while Luna scouts locations.
Chef Paul Luna has plans to open a second concept downtown.
Luna, in a press release Wednesday, announced he will open a catering and pick-up/take-away concept called Guisado Caliente.
For the time being, Luna will operate the new concept from Lunacy Black Market, at 231 Mitchell Street, according to the release. Guisado Caliente will open this Friday, Oct. 12.
“Guisado Caliente is simple, rustic, ethnic cooking that is represented in nearly every culture—even if by any other name,” Chef Paul Luna said in the release. “This is a springboard for a fresh-food catering business I want to open in downtown Atlanta to serve the area’s businesses, residents, students and faculty.”
Paul Luna is scouting downtown for a permanent location to open Guisado Caliente, according to the release.
Diners will be able to choose from a variety of guisados that will include a vegetarian option, beef, pork, poultry or seafood—all are gluten-free.
All guisados will be made fresh, Wednesday through Friday and for pick-up and take-away, or sit-down, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. or for pick-up and take-away only, 6 – 7 p.m.
Guisado will host a tasting party on Monday, October 22, 2012, from 6 to 9 p.m. for those who want to sample the guisado flavors with a wine purchase (Lunacy wines range in price from $9.50 for a small carafe to $52 for a specialty bottle.)
Interested parties can send their intent to [email protected] by Friday, October 19, 2012.
Photo courtesy of Guisado.