- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 5 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 8 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 15 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 17 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 20 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 20 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 21 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 21 days ago
Antico owner opening two new concepts
Bar Antico & Gio’s Chicken Amalfitano to join pizzeria on Hemphill Ave.
Foodies salivated over news that Giovanni Di Palma, owner of Antico, would be opening Bar Antico, a Gelateria and café, located next door to the popular pizzeria.
What Now Atlanta learned today that Antico will also open Gio’s Chicken Amalfitano, a takeout spot serving up traditional Italian chicken dishes.
“As plans for Giovanni Di Palma’s vision of Piazza San Gennaro — a block-long Little Italy of sorts — continue to marinate, the timeline of new openings is evolving,” a spokeswoman told What Now Atlant in en email Thursday.
“Giovanni’s ideas are rising like pizza dough and before he opens Bar Antico, he will open Gio’s Chicken Amalfitano in November, offering traditional Italian chicken dishes like famous Sorrento Lemon Chicken, highlighting flavors typical of the Amalfi Coast area Around Naples, Italy.”
Gio’s will replace the now-shuttered Fava Mezze Mediterranean Grill, located at 1099 Hemphill Ave.
Bar Antico, a traditional gelatteria and café, and the entire outdoor landscaped piazza will open this spring, she said.