- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Antico owner opening two new concepts
Bar Antico & Gio’s Chicken Amalfitano to join pizzeria on Hemphill Ave.
Foodies salivated over news that Giovanni Di Palma, owner of Antico, would be opening Bar Antico, a Gelateria and café, located next door to the popular pizzeria.
What Now Atlanta learned today that Antico will also open Gio’s Chicken Amalfitano, a takeout spot serving up traditional Italian chicken dishes.
“As plans for Giovanni Di Palma’s vision of Piazza San Gennaro — a block-long Little Italy of sorts — continue to marinate, the timeline of new openings is evolving,” a spokeswoman told What Now Atlant in en email Thursday.
“Giovanni’s ideas are rising like pizza dough and before he opens Bar Antico, he will open Gio’s Chicken Amalfitano in November, offering traditional Italian chicken dishes like famous Sorrento Lemon Chicken, highlighting flavors typical of the Amalfi Coast area Around Naples, Italy.”
Gio’s will replace the now-shuttered Fava Mezze Mediterranean Grill, located at 1099 Hemphill Ave.
Bar Antico, a traditional gelatteria and café, and the entire outdoor landscaped piazza will open this spring, she said.