- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Hamburger Mary’s Loses Bid for Five Napkin Burger Space
Midtown property under lease negotiation with undisclosed tenant.
UPDATE (Sept. 26, 2012): Gravity Fitness owner to replace 5 Napkin Burger with gay bar
When Five Napkin Burger abruptly shuttered its Midtown location, Atlantans began voicing opinions on what should open in its place.
California-based Hamburger Mary’s was a popular request among many What Now Atlanta readers.
Coincidently, WNA insiders uncovered Hamburger Mary’s is actually interested in opening an Atlanta location and even submitted a proposal to lease the Five Napkin space.
“As an Atlanta-native, I have been hoping that someone would open a Hamburger Mary’s [in Atlanta],” Ashely Wright, owner of the Hamburger Mary’s franchise, told What Now Atlanta in an email Saturday.
“Over the years, we’ve had discussions with several potential franchisees, but so far nothing has panned out.”
An Atlanta group was interested in replacing Five Napkin Burger with a franchised location of Hamburger Mary’s, according to Wright. However, the space is apparently being leased to someone else, he said (we’re hot on the case).
“I think an Atlanta Mary’s would be an instant hit. So we will see what happens!”
Photo courtesy of STLMag.com.