- Sexii Paws opening on Auburn Ave. DowntownPosted 4 hours ago
- Buckhead’s ‘Establishment’ to open Dec. 10Posted 2 days ago
- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 2 days ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 4 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 4 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 6 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 6 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 1 week ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 1 week ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 1 week ago
Hamburger Mary’s Loses Bid for Five Napkin Burger Space
Midtown property under lease negotiation with undisclosed tenant.
UPDATE (Sept. 26, 2012): Gravity Fitness owner to replace 5 Napkin Burger with gay bar
When Five Napkin Burger abruptly shuttered its Midtown location, Atlantans began voicing opinions on what should open in its place.
California-based Hamburger Mary’s was a popular request among many What Now Atlanta readers.
Coincidently, WNA insiders uncovered Hamburger Mary’s is actually interested in opening an Atlanta location and even submitted a proposal to lease the Five Napkin space.
“As an Atlanta-native, I have been hoping that someone would open a Hamburger Mary’s [in Atlanta],” Ashely Wright, owner of the Hamburger Mary’s franchise, told What Now Atlanta in an email Saturday.
“Over the years, we’ve had discussions with several potential franchisees, but so far nothing has panned out.”
An Atlanta group was interested in replacing Five Napkin Burger with a franchised location of Hamburger Mary’s, according to Wright. However, the space is apparently being leased to someone else, he said (we’re hot on the case).
“I think an Atlanta Mary’s would be an instant hit. So we will see what happens!”
Photo courtesy of STLMag.com.