- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 11 hours ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 6 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 9 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 10 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 15 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 17 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 23 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 24 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 32 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 32 days ago
Westside Pie Reopening as Slice
Patrons mistake pizza joint for bakery; owner decides to rebrand.
After a year in business, Westside Pie is reopening as Slice Westside Thursday, September 6.
The pizza joint, at 1133 Huff Road Northwest, was being mistaken for a bakery, a spokeswoman told What Now Atlanta in a statement.
Westside Pie opened in July 2011 as a trendy pizza/bar experience in Midtown Atlanta. However, after 13 months, the owners realized something… they had already created this experience once before as Slice, and having a restaurant with the word “pie” made patrons think the restaurant served actual pie. Without any hesitation, Karen Smiley decided that it was time to rebrand the restaurant as “Slice Westside” joining Slice downtown.
A number of alterations to the menu come with the change to the name. Some of these changes include adding items from Slice’s Downtown location to its Westside menu like the Chico Suave (skillet baked mozzarella cheese bread). Slice is also introducing Chicago-style deep dish pizzas.
Slice Westside opens its doors on Thursday, September 6, 2012.