- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Antico Pizza to open neighboring gelato and coffee bar
Pizzeria submits building permit application for Antico Gelateria across the street.
UPDATE (August 16,2012): UPDATE: Bar Antico and the Piazza slated for fall opening
Antico Pizza has plans to open a new Italian style ice cream and coffee concept across the street from its Midtown location.
The popular pizzeria, at 1093 Hemphill Avenue, submitted an application for a building permit to City of Atlanta for “Antico Gelateria,” at 1077 Hemphill. The space is a multi-family home located near the pizzeria’s parking lot across the street, according to a listing on Realtor.com.
Antico Gelateria will occupy 1,989-square-feet of the multi-family house, according to the permit. An estimated $250,000 will be spent to build-out the space.
Antico was not immediately available for comment.