- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 1 day ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 1 day ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 3 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 3 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 5 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 5 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 2 weeks ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 2 weeks ago
[Rendering] Downtown Days Inn to become an Aloft hotel
Investors plan to pour $25 million into renovating the property, ABC reports.
UPDATE (Dec. 23, 2012): Aloft files phase one plans for Downtown renovation project
The Days Inn Atlanta Downtown will soon become an Aloft hotel, Amy Wenk with the Atlanta Business Chronicle first reported.
The 263-room Days Inn, at 300 Spring St., will be transformed by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., into the contemporary Aloft.
Banyan Investment Group, in partnership with DeBartolo Development LLC, will spend an estimated $25 million to renovate the 3.1-acre property, according to the report.
The Days Inn should reopen as a 242-room Aloft in summer 2013.
For the rest of Wenk’s thoughtful report, click here.