- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
[Rendering] Downtown Days Inn to become an Aloft hotel
Investors plan to pour $25 million into renovating the property, ABC reports.
UPDATE (Dec. 23, 2012): Aloft files phase one plans for Downtown renovation project
The Days Inn Atlanta Downtown will soon become an Aloft hotel, Amy Wenk with the Atlanta Business Chronicle first reported.
The 263-room Days Inn, at 300 Spring St., will be transformed by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., into the contemporary Aloft.
Banyan Investment Group, in partnership with DeBartolo Development LLC, will spend an estimated $25 million to renovate the 3.1-acre property, according to the report.
The Days Inn should reopen as a 242-room Aloft in summer 2013.
For the rest of Wenk’s thoughtful report, click here.