- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 3 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 7 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 8 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 13 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 15 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 21 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 21 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 30 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 30 days ago
- Midtown’s Groovy Smoothie closes after a yearPosted 30 days ago
[Rendering] Downtown Days Inn to become an Aloft hotel
Investors plan to pour $25 million into renovating the property, ABC reports.
UPDATE (Dec. 23, 2012): Aloft files phase one plans for Downtown renovation project
The Days Inn Atlanta Downtown will soon become an Aloft hotel, Amy Wenk with the Atlanta Business Chronicle first reported.
The 263-room Days Inn, at 300 Spring St., will be transformed by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., into the contemporary Aloft.
Banyan Investment Group, in partnership with DeBartolo Development LLC, will spend an estimated $25 million to renovate the 3.1-acre property, according to the report.
The Days Inn should reopen as a 242-room Aloft in summer 2013.
For the rest of Wenk’s thoughtful report, click here.