- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
[Rendering] Downtown Days Inn to become an Aloft hotel
Investors plan to pour $25 million into renovating the property, ABC reports.
UPDATE (Dec. 23, 2012): Aloft files phase one plans for Downtown renovation project
The Days Inn Atlanta Downtown will soon become an Aloft hotel, Amy Wenk with the Atlanta Business Chronicle first reported.
The 263-room Days Inn, at 300 Spring St., will be transformed by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc., into the contemporary Aloft.
Banyan Investment Group, in partnership with DeBartolo Development LLC, will spend an estimated $25 million to renovate the 3.1-acre property, according to the report.
The Days Inn should reopen as a 242-room Aloft in summer 2013.
For the rest of Wenk’s thoughtful report, click here.