- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 2 hours ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 2 hours ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 2 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 4 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 4 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 1 week ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 1 week ago
Las Palmeras gets new owner; reopens as Cruzado
Midtown’s longstanding Cuban restaurant extends operating hours; adds Sunday brunch.
Las Palmeras, a 20-year-old Cuban restaurant, at 366 5th Street in Midtown, is now under new ownership.
Grace Lee, known in Atlanta for her restaurant review site “Atlanta G Spots,” which identifies the city’s finest eateries as such, purchased Las Palmeras late June, she told What Now Atlanta in a telephone interview.
Lee plans on reinventing the popular Cuban spot by giving the space a face-lift in addition to recreating the menu.
Most recently, Lee renamed the restaurant “Cruzado,” which in Mexico means “cheers” or “bottoms up,” and in Colombia means, “crossing,” she said.
“Since Cruzado is on the corner of 5th and Durant, I felt the new name was fitting,” Lee told WNA. “My plan to create a menu of fused cuisines or a crossing of flavors, also suits the new name.”
Although the menu will remain predominately Cuban, Lee told WNA new items will feature Puerto Rican and Colombia flavors under the direction of Patric Bell, Cruzado’s executive chef.
Bell formerly helmed the West Egg Cafe kitchen.
Cruzado has also extended its hours of operation: Tuesday – Friday, 11AM – 10PM; Saturday, 11AM – 11PM and for Sunday brunch, 11AM – 4PM.
Cruzado will host its first Sunday brunch on August 5.