- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 5 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 8 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 13 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 15 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 17 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 20 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 20 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 21 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 21 days ago
Buckhead Life to shutter Nava; Chef Ford Fry to open new concept in its place
Restaurant group tells the ABC its closing the Buckhead restaurant to focus on national expansion.
Longtime Buckhead restaurant Nava is closing, BuckheadView first reported.
The restaurant, owned and operated by Buckhead Life Restaurant Group, Inc., will most likely shutter in August, according to the report.
News that Nava would close has been circulating the rumor mill for more than six months. What Now Atlanta chased the rumor only to have it denied my Nava management time and time again.
Atlanta restauranteur Ford Fry, famous for JCT Kitchen and No. 246, will open a new restaurant concept in Nava’s place this January, the report notes. Fry’s new concept will reflect a Colonial America motif and early American open oven cooking,
In an interview with the Atlanta Business Chronicle (ABC), Pano Karatassos, founder and owner of Buckhead Life, said Nava was closing so he could direct his teams energy into opening Lobster Bar – Sea Grille in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Buckhead Life was not immediately available for comment.
For the rest of BuckheadView’s thoughtful report, click here.