- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 22 hours ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 23 hours ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 3 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 3 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 5 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 5 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 1 week ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 2 weeks ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 2 weeks ago
Gekko Sushi & Lounge, Jersey Mike’s and other restaurants that failed health inspections in May
More failed inspections in Fulton county include Longhorn Steakhouse and Waffle House.
What’s considered failing?
Failing scores change from one health inspector to the next but the industry standard is that anything below a 70 (out of 100) is failing, according to April Majors, public information officer for the Fulton County Environmental Health Services Department.
With out further ado, here’s a list of Fulton County restaurants that failed their health inspection in April– Bon appétit!
Gekko Sushi & Lounge
Failed inspection: May 30, 2012 Score: 67, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(620 Glen Iris Drive Suite C Atlanta, GA 30308)
Jersey Mike’s Subs
Failed inspection: May 31 , 2012 Score: 69, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(1000 Northside Drive Suite 1200 Atlanta, GA 30318)
Failed inspection: May 31, 2012 Score: 58, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(3480 Camp Creek Parkway East Point, GA 30344)
Failed inspection: May 23, 2012 Score: 68, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(2770 Lenox Road Building 1 Suite 10 Atlanta, GA 30324)
Failed inspection: May 29, 2012 Score: 67, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(1766 Howell Mill Road Atlanta, GA 30318)
[Editor's note: The health inspection reports listed might not reflect the most recent scores for these restaurants. Wondering why we don’t publish re-inspections and passing scores? Click here.]