- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Gekko Sushi & Lounge, Jersey Mike’s and other restaurants that failed health inspections in May
More failed inspections in Fulton county include Longhorn Steakhouse and Waffle House.
What’s considered failing?
Failing scores change from one health inspector to the next but the industry standard is that anything below a 70 (out of 100) is failing, according to April Majors, public information officer for the Fulton County Environmental Health Services Department.
With out further ado, here’s a list of Fulton County restaurants that failed their health inspection in April– Bon appétit!
Gekko Sushi & Lounge
Failed inspection: May 30, 2012 Score: 67, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(620 Glen Iris Drive Suite C Atlanta, GA 30308)
Jersey Mike’s Subs
Failed inspection: May 31 , 2012 Score: 69, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(1000 Northside Drive Suite 1200 Atlanta, GA 30318)
Failed inspection: May 31, 2012 Score: 58, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(3480 Camp Creek Parkway East Point, GA 30344)
Failed inspection: May 23, 2012 Score: 68, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(2770 Lenox Road Building 1 Suite 10 Atlanta, GA 30324)
Failed inspection: May 29, 2012 Score: 67, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(1766 Howell Mill Road Atlanta, GA 30318)
[Editor's note: The health inspection reports listed might not reflect the most recent scores for these restaurants. Wondering why we don’t publish re-inspections and passing scores? Click here.]