- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 7 hours ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 5 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 8 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 10 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 15 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 17 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 23 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 23 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 32 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 32 days ago
Gekko Sushi & Lounge, Jersey Mike’s and other restaurants that failed health inspections in May
More failed inspections in Fulton county include Longhorn Steakhouse and Waffle House.
What’s considered failing?
Failing scores change from one health inspector to the next but the industry standard is that anything below a 70 (out of 100) is failing, according to April Majors, public information officer for the Fulton County Environmental Health Services Department.
With out further ado, here’s a list of Fulton County restaurants that failed their health inspection in April– Bon appétit!
Gekko Sushi & Lounge
Failed inspection: May 30, 2012 Score: 67, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(620 Glen Iris Drive Suite C Atlanta, GA 30308)
Jersey Mike’s Subs
Failed inspection: May 31 , 2012 Score: 69, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(1000 Northside Drive Suite 1200 Atlanta, GA 30318)
Failed inspection: May 31, 2012 Score: 58, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(3480 Camp Creek Parkway East Point, GA 30344)
Failed inspection: May 23, 2012 Score: 68, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(2770 Lenox Road Building 1 Suite 10 Atlanta, GA 30324)
Failed inspection: May 29, 2012 Score: 67, Grade: U (Full report and violations)
(1766 Howell Mill Road Atlanta, GA 30318)
[Editor's note: The health inspection reports listed might not reflect the most recent scores for these restaurants. Wondering why we don’t publish re-inspections and passing scores? Click here.]