- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Update: Georgian Terrace’s new ‘community bar’ Proof and Provision to open June 1
Midtowners can soon dine, drink and be merry, in historic hotel’s basement.
After submitting an application for a building permit in January for an unnamed concept, Midtown’s 100-year-old hotel today revealed details on the new watering hole.
The Georgian Terrace Hotel in a press release announced Friday the opening of Proof and Provision, a new community bar, occupying the lower level of the hotel beneath Livingston Restaurant and Bar.
Proof and Provision is slated to open to the public June 1, according to the release.
Chef Zeb Stevenson, of the hotel’s Livingston Restaurant and Bar, will helm the Proof and Provision kitchen as well.
“We intend to create something that stands in contrast to what’s happening at Livingston, something more relaxed, more down-to-earth,” Stevenson said in the release.
For drinks, consider an emphasis on barrel-aged cocktails, not “speakeasy shtick:” a variety of crafted cocktails and artisan-style beers will be offered.
For eats, think small signature plates, “unusual finds and local producers,” such as deviled eggs, chicken liver mousse, hot pretzels with mustard and cheese sauce, grilled cheese and a take on pigs in a blanket.
For design, imagine exposed brick walls, concrete floors and plenty of industrial-looking elements mixed with some newer local flavor from wood artisan Skylar Morgan.
The 3,000-square-foot restaurant and bar is located on the lower level of The Georgian Terrace Hotel in the former Basta restaurant space.