- Lenox getting Tumi, Vince Camuto, Invicta and BachrachPosted 1 day ago
- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 7 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 10 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 12 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 17 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 19 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 24 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 25 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 34 days ago
Streetcar construction forces Pizzeria Vesuvius to shutter
Neighboring business owner says Downtown restaurant plans to reopen.
UPDATE (July 18,2012):P’Cheen owners reopen Pizzeria Vesuvius
Construction on Atlanta’s Streetcar Downtown is leaving one business with little to desire.
Pizzeria Vesuvius, at 327 Edgewood Avenue, has closed its doors for “[streetcar] construction,” according to a sign posted to the restaurant’s window.
Matt Ruppert, the owner of neighboring restaurant Noni’s Bar and Deli, told What Now Atlanta on a trip to the space Wednesday, although he feels the streetcar will ultimately benefit the area, its construction has been “pretty terrible for a lot of businesses on this street.”
“From the middle of January through April, there was no way for guests to get to [Pizzeria Vesuvius'] front door,” Ruppert said. “Street parking has been unavailable to patrons for sometime.”
A sign posted outside of the restaurant bans parking on the street from January 30 until April 29, 2012.
“Pizzeria Vesuvius will be back up and running in a few months,” he said. “The owner is just taking advantage of the streetcar construction to remodel his restaurant.”
Pizzeria Vesuvius was not immediately available for comment.
View larger map