- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Is Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shoving its burrito in Atlanta’s face?
Mexican joint already opening third metro location, forced one restaurant into name change, chopped another into guacamole.
Atlanta metro area diners are being greeted by Lime Fresh Mexican Grill with a little more than a warm “hola.”
The Florida-based quick service Mexican joint seems to be taking any and all available space it can find, forcing other restaurants to change names and others to go out of business.
But we’ll rant about all of that a few graphs down.
Thursday, Lime Fresh filed a permit with City of Atlanta to make alterations to the Genghis Grill space, at 2140 Peachtree Road, for its newest location. The Mexican restaurant will spend an estimated $95,000 altering the space.
Since entering the Atlanta market, here’s how Lime Fresh has made its welcome so far:
- On February 22, Lime Fresh opened its first Atlanta metro area location in the now shuttered Johnny Rocket’s Bukchead. The 20-year-old burger joint fought to stay opened but was chopped into guacamole.
- Midtown’s Bakeshop is also being transformed into a Lime Fresh, the Mexican restaurant’s second location.
- Smyrna’s Lime Taqueria was threatened with a lawsuit and forced by Lime Fresh to change its name.
Although Lime Fresh’s public relations deaprtment is in touch with What Now Atlanta, it doesn’t seem to want to share information on other planned locations.
That’s probably because it hopes to go gang busters on Atlanta like Del Taco, which is planning 60 locations.
Photo courtesy of Buckhead Patch.
View larger map