- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Repicci’s Italian Ice Midtown melts to death as predicted
Ice cream shop closes: we saw it coming. Smoothie shop opening in its place: complete shocker.
Repicci’s Italian Ice has closed its Midtown location.
We’re not surprised.
Here’s what is surprising: that another smoothie joint is opening in that space. According to a banner posted over the Repicci’s signage, Groovy Smoothie will replace the gelateria.
Help us understand the mindset of the Groovy Smoothie proprietor (since he or she wasn’t immediately available for comment): why would you open a smoothie start-up in space where Smoothie King and its ice cream successor both failed?
We’re getting a brain freeze just thinking about it.
View larger map