- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Repicci’s Italian Ice Midtown melts to death as predicted
Ice cream shop closes: we saw it coming. Smoothie shop opening in its place: complete shocker.
Repicci’s Italian Ice has closed its Midtown location.
We’re not surprised.
Here’s what is surprising: that another smoothie joint is opening in that space. According to a banner posted over the Repicci’s signage, Groovy Smoothie will replace the gelateria.
Help us understand the mindset of the Groovy Smoothie proprietor (since he or she wasn’t immediately available for comment): why would you open a smoothie start-up in space where Smoothie King and its ice cream successor both failed?
We’re getting a brain freeze just thinking about it.
View larger map