- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 21 hours ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 22 hours ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 3 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 3 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 5 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 5 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 7 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 7 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
Repicci’s Italian Ice Midtown melts to death as predicted
Ice cream shop closes: we saw it coming. Smoothie shop opening in its place: complete shocker.
Repicci’s Italian Ice has closed its Midtown location.
We’re not surprised.
Here’s what is surprising: that another smoothie joint is opening in that space. According to a banner posted over the Repicci’s signage, Groovy Smoothie will replace the gelateria.
Help us understand the mindset of the Groovy Smoothie proprietor (since he or she wasn’t immediately available for comment): why would you open a smoothie start-up in space where Smoothie King and its ice cream successor both failed?
We’re getting a brain freeze just thinking about it.
View larger map