- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
MF Buckhead to close after dinner service tonight
Sushi bar owners plan to open similar concept nearby.
After filing for bankruptcy in November, the owners of MF Buckhead have been court ordered to a “full liquidation” of the Buckhead restaurant, the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s John Kessler first reported.
MF Buckhead will close after dinner service tonight, February 2.
“It was a difficult decision,” Sa Kinjo, co-owner of the sushi restaurant, told Kessler Thursday. “We had filed Chapter 11 and had hoped to work through this, but a judge has just signed the papers on Chapter 7 for a full liquidation.”
According to Kessler’s report, MF Buckhead’s owners are “working with a new partner and hopes to begin building a sushi bar in a smaller Buckhead space as soon as possible.”
MF Sushibar and NAM, two other concepts from the owners of MF Buckhead, both closed last year.
View larger map