- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
MF Buckhead to close after dinner service tonight
Sushi bar owners plan to open similar concept nearby.
After filing for bankruptcy in November, the owners of MF Buckhead have been court ordered to a “full liquidation” of the Buckhead restaurant, the Atlanta Journal Constitution’s John Kessler first reported.
MF Buckhead will close after dinner service tonight, February 2.
“It was a difficult decision,” Sa Kinjo, co-owner of the sushi restaurant, told Kessler Thursday. “We had filed Chapter 11 and had hoped to work through this, but a judge has just signed the papers on Chapter 7 for a full liquidation.”
According to Kessler’s report, MF Buckhead’s owners are “working with a new partner and hopes to begin building a sushi bar in a smaller Buckhead space as soon as possible.”
MF Sushibar and NAM, two other concepts from the owners of MF Buckhead, both closed last year.
View larger map