- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
Georgian Terrace Hotel opening ‘yet to be named’ concept near its Livingston Restaurant & Bar
Midtown’s 100-year-old hotel files permits for new addition.
UPDATE (May 25, 2012):Update: Georgian Terrace’s new ‘community bar’ Proof and Provision to open June 1
Georgian Terrace Hotel is opening a new concept separate to its current in-house restaurant, Livingston Restaurant & Bar.
The 100-year-old Midtown hotel, at 659 Peachtree Street, filed a permit with City of Atlanta for an “interior renovation of existing restaurant space” for the “Georgian Terrace Bar,” last week.
A Livingston spokeswoman sent What Now Atlanta this statement Thursday:
The “yet to be named” concept is slated to be a compliment to its’ elegant full service sister upstairs. Bar focused with an emphasis on crafted interpretations of the classics, artisan beers and other unusual finds. Comes complete with a “modern snack bar” approach to food. Dark colored wood, brushed metals and century old brick creates an industrial but comfortable feel. Debuting late spring 2012.
Construction on Livingston’s sister concept will cost an estimated $75,000, according to the permit.
View larger map