- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 2 hours ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 2 hours ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 2 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 2 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 4 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 4 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 6 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 6 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
Cavalia to take 210,000 pound dump on Midtown
The thrills, chills and spills of a 70-horse show forces company to adopt ‘horse manure management.’
After watching Cavalia-Odysseo’s show-stopping sequences that blend six foot two African acrobats, eye popping visuals and a magnificent equestrian ballet, a thought occurred to us: where does Cavalia put all the horse crap?
Cavalia’s 100,000-square-foot big top tent soaring 125 feet above a midtown parking lot isn’t exactly compost heaven.
Turns out, Cavalia ships the manure to various composts around the state to be recycled.
Each day, Cavalia’s 70 horses produce enough manure to fill a 30 yard dumpster, according to Duncan Fisher, tour director at Cavalia.
A 30 yard dumpster holds 30 cubic yards of waste and the common dumpster dimensions for a 30 yard dumpster are 22 feet long by 8 feet wide by 6 feet, according to Home Town Dumpster rental.
If Cavalia has 60 shows like it did when it was at Atlantic Station in 2009, its horses will produce 1,800 cubic yards or about 210,000 pounds of manure over the course of its stay.
With that much crap floating around, you’d think the show’s tent would smell like, well, ass. It doesn’t. Either Cavalia has a state-of-the-art air-filtration system or it’s trained those horses to wipe their own asses.
P.S. Don’t miss the show. It’s stunning (Tickets can be purchased here).
View larger map