- [Video] Ponce City Market interior sneak peek!Posted 4 days ago
- New Era closes Downtown Atlanta flagship storePosted 7 days ago
- Kirkwood Bar and Grill has ‘officially’ closedPosted 7 days ago
- The Imperial Fez, DeJa Vu Sports Bar and more fail May health inspectionsPosted 12 days ago
- Henry’s Midtown Tavern slated to open June 8Posted 14 days ago
- Midtown Nails on Ponce relocating, expandingPosted 16 days ago
- ‘Preserving Place’ to open at Westside Provisions DistrictPosted 19 days ago
- Atlanta to get Oak Grove’s Beer Growler NationPosted 19 days ago
- ‘Cafe Moulin Rouge’ takes old Cafe Intermezzo spacePosted 20 days ago
- Midtown Getting Million Dollar Panera BreadPosted 20 days ago
Lenox Square Mall spending $633K to demolish its main entrance
Buckhead shopping center plans redesign to create ‘more street level retail exposure.’
Lenox Square Mall is demoing its “porte cochere,” according to a permit filed with City of Atlanta Friday.
The porte cochere being demoed at Lenox is the “drive-under canopy at the main entrance of the property (shown right), a company spokesperson told What Now Atlanta in an email Monday. It is used for the mall’s valet service.
The Buckhead mall, at 3393 Peachtree Road, would not disclose project specifics at this time. It did, however, release this statement:
We are taking the first steps in our long term plan to redesign the front entrance of the shopping center. We will be creating more street level retail exposure, while enhancing the exterior look and customer experience of the center. We anticipate construction will start in spring of 2012, with retailer announcements occurring shortly after. Lenox Square’s long-standing tradition of evolving to attract the best retailers and to bring new experiences to its customers has kept it the shopping destination of the Southeast.
Demoing Lenox Square Mall’s porte cochere will cost an estimated $633,000.00.
What do you think the mall will do to “create more street level exposure?” Use the space for new retailers? Add more parking? Share your thoughts in the comment section!
View larger map