- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 2 days ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 2 days ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 4 days ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 4 days ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 6 days ago
- ‘Better Half’ restaurant gets Kickstarter funding, opening Dec. 15Posted 6 days ago
- Stevi B’s closes Briarcliff Village locationPosted 1 week ago
- ‘Will’s Way Creole Kitchen’ opening near Sweet AuburnPosted 2 weeks ago
- UPDATE: Flip Burger Poncey-Highland now openPosted 2 weeks ago
- Metrofresh to close at Atlanta Botanical GardenPosted 2 weeks ago
Lenox Square Mall spending $633K to demolish its main entrance
Buckhead shopping center plans redesign to create ‘more street level retail exposure.’
Lenox Square Mall is demoing its “porte cochere,” according to a permit filed with City of Atlanta Friday.
The porte cochere being demoed at Lenox is the “drive-under canopy at the main entrance of the property (shown right), a company spokesperson told What Now Atlanta in an email Monday. It is used for the mall’s valet service.
The Buckhead mall, at 3393 Peachtree Road, would not disclose project specifics at this time. It did, however, release this statement:
We are taking the first steps in our long term plan to redesign the front entrance of the shopping center. We will be creating more street level retail exposure, while enhancing the exterior look and customer experience of the center. We anticipate construction will start in spring of 2012, with retailer announcements occurring shortly after. Lenox Square’s long-standing tradition of evolving to attract the best retailers and to bring new experiences to its customers has kept it the shopping destination of the Southeast.
Demoing Lenox Square Mall’s porte cochere will cost an estimated $633,000.00.
What do you think the mall will do to “create more street level exposure?” Use the space for new retailers? Add more parking? Share your thoughts in the comment section!
View larger map