- Smoothie King Midtown reopening after 3 yearsPosted 5 hours ago
- Atlantic Station lands 3 chef-driven restaurants, opening soonPosted 5 days ago
- Ruby Tuesday Inc. squeezes Lime Fresh out of GAPosted 8 days ago
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill shutters in MidtownPosted 10 days ago
- Republic of Couture opening in Midtown May 10Posted 15 days ago
- Front Page News, Marlow’s Tavern and more fail April health inspectionsPosted 17 days ago
- Brash Coffee opening at White Provisions DistrictPosted 22 days ago
- LottaFrutta arriving at the Atlanta Airport June 1Posted 23 days ago
- Bevello opening at Shops Around Lenox April 20Posted 32 days ago
- Charter school takes retail space on the WestsidePosted 32 days ago
Lime Fresh Mexican Grill to replace Midtown’s Bakeshop
Is the Midtown bakery relocating? Owner won’t say.
UPDATE (Nov. 25, 2011): Midtown’s Bakeshop plans to rise again
Bakeshop, which replaced Gold Star Bakery in 2009, at 903 Peachtree Street in Midtown, is now also being replaced.
Florida-based Lime Fresh Mexican Grill, in partnership with Ruby Tuesday Inc., will take the Midtown bakery’s place, according to a permit filed with City of Atlanta Monday.
The Mexican grill, which is also opening a Buckhead location in space formerly belonging to Johnny Rockets, will spend an estimated $90,000.00 altering the existing bakery, according to the permit.
What Now Atlanta spoke to Jonathan St. Hilaire, chef and owner at Bakeshop, in a telephone call Wednesday. We asked if the Midtown bakery would relocate. Hilaire had no comment.
Photo courtesy of CitySeekr.com
View larger map