- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
- [Opinion] Why an Atlanta Institution Can’t Seem to Expand
World of Coca, Fox Theatre, Varsity & seven other Atlanta landmarks are being immortalized in Lego bricks
Legoland Discovery Center announces 10 winning buildings for its Miniland city, made from the iconic plastic brick.
Legoland, which is building its Discovery Center at Phipps Plaza in Buckhead, announced late last week, the ten Atlanta attractions that will appear at the theme park’s “Miniland” exhibit.
The following 10 Atlanta icons will be featured, according to a press release:
Construction for Legoland’s Discovery Center is well underway.
The 32,000-square-foot Legoland is being constructed in the former food court area on the third level of Phipps Plaza. Johnny Rockets, Moe’s Southwest Grill and Subway will remain at the mall, but are currently being relocated.
Legoland is on schedule for an April 2012 opening. For more details on Legoland’s Phipps Plaza “Discovery Center,” click here.
View larger map