- Le Fat files plans for former Yum Bunz space
- It’s official: Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams files plans for second Atlanta location
- Holiday Inn Express files plans to complete 2012 renovations
- Einstein Bagels adding a new Midtown location
- Ponce City Market announces first restaurant tenants
- Chinese Buddha, Spice Brick Oven Kitchen and more fail February health inspections
- Write for What Now Atlanta!
- Le Petit Marché opening new location Feb. 28
- Bad Dog Taqueria opening in Old Fourth Ward
- New St. Regis restaurant costing $1.2 Million
Chef Ford Fry spending $500,000 on new Westside eatery
JCT Kitchen owner files permit for ‘GA Fish Camp.’
UPDATE (Nov. 17, 2011): Ford Fry’s new Westside concept to be called The Optimist
Rumors of what Chef Ford Fry will call his new Westside restaurant have been swimming around since What Now Atlanta broke the news in July.
Early reports, including Atlanta Magazine’s, said Fry’s new restaurant would tentatively be called Georgia Fish Camp.
Thursday, the Atlanta chef who founded the popular JCT Kitchen filed a permit for “GA Fish Camp.”
Fry will convert nearly 3,000 square-feet of office space in the former Southeastern Meat Company building at 914 Howell Mill Road into the seafood restaurant, according to the permit.
The conversion will cost an estimated $487,398.00, the permit notes.
GA Fish Camp is set to open March 2012, Ford told What Now Atlanta earlier this year.
View larger map