- Sexii Paws opening on Auburn Ave. DowntownPosted 2 days ago
- Buckhead’s ‘Establishment’ to open Dec. 10Posted 3 days ago
- Big Ketch owners opening two new restaurantsPosted 4 days ago
- UPDATE: ‘Painted Pin’ gets board approval for Miami CirclePosted 6 days ago
- MailChimp Swings from Carriage Works to Ponce City MarketPosted 6 days ago
- Is the closure of Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse Sandy Springs imminent?Posted 1 week ago
- Help Old 4th Distillery hit its $40,000 Kickstarter goal by Dec. 14Posted 1 week ago
- Gilbert’s Cafe and Grill closes after 14 yearsPosted 1 week ago
- Bluefin Sushi Bar shutters in BrookwoodPosted 1 week ago
- Malaya Restaurant, Landmark Diner and more fail November health inspectionsPosted 2 weeks ago
Chef Ford Fry spending $500,000 on new Westside eatery
JCT Kitchen owner files permit for ‘GA Fish Camp.’
UPDATE (Nov. 17, 2011): Ford Fry’s new Westside concept to be called The Optimist
Rumors of what Chef Ford Fry will call his new Westside restaurant have been swimming around since What Now Atlanta broke the news in July.
Early reports, including Atlanta Magazine’s, said Fry’s new restaurant would tentatively be called Georgia Fish Camp.
Thursday, the Atlanta chef who founded the popular JCT Kitchen filed a permit for “GA Fish Camp.”
Fry will convert nearly 3,000 square-feet of office space in the former Southeastern Meat Company building at 914 Howell Mill Road into the seafood restaurant, according to the permit.
The conversion will cost an estimated $487,398.00, the permit notes.
GA Fish Camp is set to open March 2012, Ford told What Now Atlanta earlier this year.
View larger map