- Sarpino’s Pizzeria to open in West Midtown
- Piola closes, to be replaced by Ribalta
- Taco Mac, Carolyn’s Gourmet Cafe and more fail March health inspections
- Town Brookhaven to get Lucky’s Burgers & Brew
- ‘Yum Yum Dessert Co.’ opening in Buckhead
- Krog Street Market scores two more restaurants
- Midtown’s La Tagliatella shutters
- F&B owner forces Buckhead Atlanta restaurant to change its name
- Waffle House to open new Duluth location
- Ponce City Market announces new tenant
Chef Ford Fry spending $500,000 on new Westside eatery
JCT Kitchen owner files permit for ‘GA Fish Camp.’
UPDATE (Nov. 17, 2011): Ford Fry’s new Westside concept to be called The Optimist
Rumors of what Chef Ford Fry will call his new Westside restaurant have been swimming around since What Now Atlanta broke the news in July.
Early reports, including Atlanta Magazine’s, said Fry’s new restaurant would tentatively be called Georgia Fish Camp.
Thursday, the Atlanta chef who founded the popular JCT Kitchen filed a permit for “GA Fish Camp.”
Fry will convert nearly 3,000 square-feet of office space in the former Southeastern Meat Company building at 914 Howell Mill Road into the seafood restaurant, according to the permit.
The conversion will cost an estimated $487,398.00, the permit notes.
GA Fish Camp is set to open March 2012, Ford told What Now Atlanta earlier this year.
View larger map